2008 by Jeffrey Lewis

Awww poor Jeffrey. You can see his comic A Year in Love And Music on the New York Times website. The comic is a month by month summary of Jeff’s life throughtout 2008. I love it, Jeffrey is so talented. I think if I did a month my month summary of my year it wouldn’t be half as easy to read or follow. His comics are drawn so well and hold your interest all the way though, I love them. You can buy them at his shows or from the Olive Juice store. Jeff tours pretty much non stop and I can’t wait to see him play again.

Also, have you subscribed to the Bandstand Busking newsletter? There is a very very exciting busk on Sunday! I am excited already. I’m back to London today, first show of the year tomorrow if I can’t find anything to do tonight.

, ,

8 Responses to 2008 by Jeffrey Lewis

1. Adam January 8, 2009 at 11:44 am #

HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THE ASOBI SEKSU BUSK?!?!!??!?!?!!??!?!?!!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Honestly, I think I’m fated never to see that band…

2. anikainlondon January 8, 2009 at 11:57 am #

Can’t you make the ICA show in February? Or is it a dreaded gig clash? Are you going to come to the busk on Sunday?

3. Adam January 8, 2009 at 12:11 pm #

The ICA show is on the same day as Parts and Labor, which is REALLY annoying as I love both bands. I’ve missed Asobi Seksu on FOUR occasions thanks to clashes, but Parts and Labor tour Europe far less and I’ve already got a ticket. DILEMMA-RAMA!

As for Sunday- possibly. I’ve not received the newsletter yet so I don’t know who’s playing…

4. anikainlondon January 8, 2009 at 12:42 pm #

The newsletter says to invite all your friends, so I’ll reveal the mystery to you: The Leisure Society, Emmy the Great and Jonquil from 12pm at Northampton Sq. I am most excited about Emmy, but I seem to remember someone (maybe you?) saying the Leisure Society are good too.

5. Adam January 8, 2009 at 12:48 pm #

Nah, I’ve not heard of the Leisure Society but that sounds like a mighty fine line up! Thanks for the heads-up, I think I’ll go to that.

6. anikainlondon January 8, 2009 at 12:58 pm #

Cool, I’ll see you there then. Crazybobbles is coming too, should be fun.

7. crazybobbles January 8, 2009 at 9:29 pm #

Hehe i might be able to pull a photopass for asobi seksu at the ICA :D but yeah, can’t wait to see the mighty emmy again! :D

8. anikainlondon January 8, 2009 at 9:40 pm #

haha we should start up an Emmy fan club. I’m hoping to get a pass for the ULU show, her press agent said maybe but she doesn’t know how many passes they can issue until nearer the time and she’ll email me then or I should email her if she forgets. I have never obtained a photopass myself for a show that actually needs photopassess…. YET! Then again, I’ve only tried for this Emmy one.