Super Secret Surprise Instore

Rough Trade have announced a special instore. I have no idea who it is. ¬†It’s exciting though isn’t it? You need to sign up to Rough Trade’s newsletter so you get the details when they next send them out. I signed up but I don’t know if it worked, so make sure you sign up too so if it didn’t work you can tell me!

From the Rough Trade website:

“You need to sign up to our newsletter to receive details of a very special in-store by one of the biggest bands in the UK.

Places will be limited to 250 people and this is sure to be one of the most talked about events of the new year.¬†Details will be sent on Sunday the 18th of january so make sure to head to our home page where you can sign up to our weekly newsletter and monthly in-store newsletter.”

Who will it be? Dun dun daaa

, , ,

7 Responses to Super Secret Surprise Instore

1. Alicia January 10, 2009 at 6:54 pm #

Thanks for the tip on the Roughtrade event! I’ve signed up to their newsletter..but not sure if it’s worked either- after entering my e-mail add. and clicking ‘go’, didn’t really get a confirmation just a question ‘subscribe…?’ and the ‘yes’ option was already selected..there was nothing else to click…lol so I’m not sure. Exciting. I don’t know why I’m thinking it’s going to be something like Coldplay.. ‘biggest bands in the UK’…

2. anikainlondon January 10, 2009 at 7:07 pm #

No problem! Yeah I had the same thing. I’ve been trying to think of big UK bands… Muse, Radiohead… that’s all I can think of. I don’t really like many big bands so I don’t know why I’m so excited. It’s the mystery that is intriguing.

3. anikainlondon January 10, 2009 at 7:10 pm #

… or perhaps it could be Bloc Party, they’re pretty big

4. Adam January 10, 2009 at 10:49 pm #

I reckon it’s Franz Ferdinand. I think I overheard some guys talking about it at the launch party for the new album. Might be wrong though…

5. anikainlondon January 10, 2009 at 11:01 pm #

Ah yeah that would make sense. Franz Ferdinand are on a list of bands I would never see even if it was free and (practically) on my doorstep, so I’ll give it a miss if it is….

6. Alicia January 11, 2009 at 10:37 am #

If they were playing on my doorstep for free I might listen through the window for a few songs…other than that, yeah I’d give it a miss too.

7. crazybobbles January 18, 2009 at 4:38 pm #