While the March-show-drought is making me a little sad, it’s not too bad. I’m thinking about all the great shows I have coming up and it’s making me very excited. I know I’m kind of a stuck record about the bands I love… I can’t help it. I am most looking forward to these 5 shows, in no order:
1. Scary Mansion @ some place in Paris: I forgot the venue, it’s like LeMarioquettetetetete or something. I’m very excited for this show. I’m also excited about getting to ride on the Eurostar! Trains are fun.
2. Wildbirds @ Peacedrums @ The Luminaire: The prospect of hearing My Heart live again fills me with complete and utter joy that words cannot describe. That performance at The Social was quite possibly the best thing I have ever seen in my ENTIRE LIFE. If you live in a 300 mile radius of London you need to travel here and come to this show because it will be amazing. If you live in London there is no excuse for not coming, this show is not to be missed. Seriously. If you do not come to this show then you are crazy. I don’t know if it is possible for it to be as good as The Social show, but it quite possibly could be. Buy your ticket, it’ll be the best £8.25 you ever spent.
3. St Vincent @ Hoxton Bar & Kitchen: I wish she didn’t cancel her show here in September, I would have liked to have seen her at 229. Hoxton is an okay-ish venue and I’m excited to hear the Actor songs.
4. Au Revoir Simone @ Bush Hall: I’m glad this is at Bush Hall, I think the venue will suit them well. It’s been years since I first/last saw them. So many of my favourite bands are coming out with new records this year. Most pleasing.
5. Bishop Allen @ Bardens: I love Bishop Allen! I bet they are going to be so much fun live.
Immediately after making this list I also remembered Metric should be there, and when Whispertown finally announce a date they will be there too, and of Montreal should be there too… but that’s ages and ages away.