Scary Mansion at La Maroquinerie

I’m going to Paris to see Scary Mansion. Ticket and transport have been booked. I’m not entirely sure how much my love of music comes across on my blog (hopefully alot?), but I am completely willing to travel far and wide to witness brilliant music. If only I had more monies, though, then I could really go on some epic adventures. So… how awesome is that pair of days going to be!? Tuesday: see St Vincent in London, Wednesday: see Scary Mansion in Paris. Wow. It took me like 25 minutes to figure out how to book a ticket, I can’t read or speak French. If anyone who reads my blog is French and would like to help me learn some useful French phrases like ‘where is the box office?’ etc etc or would generally like to give me some tips on Paris, go ahead and shoot me an email (anikainlondon at googlemail dot com). I have some hours before the show to explore the city, so that is either a recipe for disaster, or the way I look at it: adventure. Adventures are fun! I haven’t been to Paris in a long long time, maybe 10 years or so. Any tips on where to go or what to do would be greatly appreciated. I am excited!

, , , ,

8 Responses to Scary Mansion at La Maroquinerie

1. riny March 8, 2009 at 6:19 pm #

that’s awesome! that venue is close to pere lachaise so you could check that out. you can easily get lost in there for hours and hours. i found it to be very relaxing :)

2. anikainlondon March 8, 2009 at 6:32 pm #

oh awesome, thanks for letting me know about that. I’ll definately head there then… although it is a bit risky if you can get lost for hours and hours… especially as I am one who is very prone to getting lost.

3. riny March 8, 2009 at 6:36 pm #

they got free maps at the entrance, make sure you grab one.

4. gregofmontreal March 9, 2009 at 1:54 am #

i agree on checking out the pere lachaise cemetary! if i remember correctly you can see the graves of jim morrison, oscar wilde, goerges seurat and edith piaff (not sure about edith but the other ones i am sure of) but yeah it is HUGE! so be sure to give yourself at least an hour and a half. and then 30 to 45 minutes to get to the show. and i had a little trouble finding le maroquinerie so make sure you get good directions!

where do i pick up my tickets? = ou est(eh) ce que(kuh) je rammasse(rah-mass) mes(meh) billets(bee-yeh)?

5. anikainlondon March 9, 2009 at 8:24 am #

Excellent, thank you!

Do you happen to know if the venue allows cameras or if they require photopasses? Or how their bag check procedure goes… if I were to be covert.

6. gregofmontreal March 9, 2009 at 3:08 pm #

well it’s a seated venue so the earlier you get there the better seat you get. i don’t know if it’s a venue that can be seated or non seated but when i was there it was seated. when i was there i was sitting front row and i took pictures and videos with my digi cam and nobody said a thing. i guess it wouldn’t hurt to email them to make sure but i think you’ll be okay. not sure if they have a bag check…

7. Chris March 9, 2009 at 6:43 pm #

That’s so cool. Are you going by yourself? I’d love to go on a musical adventure to a foreign country. Must do this asap! Have a great time. Paris is wonderful!

8. anikainlondon March 9, 2009 at 11:28 pm #

Yep, by myself. I don’t know any other Scary Mansion fans, atleast not any willing to pay that much to come to France with me. I was telling my friend about it and she said she would never go alone, she also said she wouldn’t go to the cinema alone either…. I’m not like that, I’m quite happy to do things by myself! I usually get to meet lots of great people along the way. I am excited.

And thanks for that info Greg!