Wales Uber Alles pre-show singer

I got to the Lexington and they were delayed opening the doors to let us upstairs, so I took a seat with Creepy Spanish Guy (CSG). I don’t think CSG has been properly introduced on my blog. He’s this creepy guy who is apparently Spanish and apparently works in a hotel. He stares at you and will suddenly appear behind you out of nowhere. I see him several times a week. Creepy.

Anyway…. moving on. Not long after I sat down a girl jumped up onto a raised platform in the bar and started tapping her guitar and singing a cappella. After the song she said she’d just do us a few songs while we waited to go upstairs. For the first song the bar went silent. I thought this impromptu performance was absolutely brilliant, and also quite brave. Eventually the chatter got louder and louder and after a few more songs she jumped down and finished. I don’t know who she is but I thought that was wonderful.

, ,

8 Responses to Wales Uber Alles pre-show singer

1. Chalky March 1, 2009 at 7:43 pm #

Cool! :-)

2. Alan March 1, 2009 at 8:23 pm #

haha. I think I know the CSG you mean. he gets everywhere.

3. Chalky March 2, 2009 at 12:12 pm #

Thankfully I haven’t bumped into CSG yet, you’ll have to point him out to me sometime

4. anikainlondon March 2, 2009 at 1:05 pm #

He was at Vetiver too, so I saw him twice that day. I will show him to you next time we see him. Hah.

5. Chalky March 2, 2009 at 1:59 pm #

come to think of it there was a guy who fits the bill of CSG staring over on Sat, i even pointed him out to the other half – i thought it might be someone trying to work out who writes which music blog. creepy.

6. anikainlondon March 2, 2009 at 2:10 pm #

I seriously see him so often. Last week he was at Neko Case, Chairlift, Vetiver, Wales Uber Alles… probably others that I forgot too. He wears black and stands with his arms folded. Months and months ago I tried to say hi, seeing as I see him alone all the time I thought it would be a nice gesture, he mumbled and avoided me. Hah.

I am expecting to see The Rock tonight at Howling Bells. The Rock only goes to shows with lady lead singers. London has so many characters!

7. Chalky March 2, 2009 at 2:20 pm #

Sure does. Maybe CSG only habla espanol?

8. anikainlondon March 2, 2009 at 2:41 pm #

hahahha quite possibly. Hablo un poco espanol, so maybe I should hablo to him in espanol next time.