Chris Garneau

Swoon swoon swoon:

Sweet sweet sweet. I’m a big fan of Chris Garneau. I saw him play three times last year. The first was when I still lived in Ashford, so I had to trek to London. That was March 2008, at the Borderline. It was also the first show I went to by myself, awwh. Things have changed so ridiculously much since then. Amazing. I’m pretty lucky in that most shows I go to now there are usually friends or friendly folk there to be met. Anyway, the second time was at Camden Barfly and the third at the Luminaire. I think he’s a brilliant live artist. That video is particularly lovely. If you read quicker than Chris holds up the signs, stick with it. He plays a song after. The Leaving Song, which will feature on forthcoming El Radio. He played that song all three times I saw him. I love that song. The version in that video is with piano and quite jaunty. It’s usually slower and with harmonium. Beautiful.

, , ,

7 Responses to Chris Garneau

1. Adam June 25, 2009 at 11:13 am #

Sounds a bit like James Blunt though, doesn’t he? :-p

• anikainlondon June 25, 2009 at 10:52 pm #

FAIL

2. Samantha June 25, 2009 at 4:17 pm #

James Blunt?! Noooo! He’s like the male Regina Spektor, and someone else who I can’t quite put my finger on.

• anikainlondon June 25, 2009 at 10:52 pm #

he’s just unique!

3. alicetragedy June 25, 2009 at 9:56 pm #

antony from antony and the johnsons+regina spektor, mixed with a hamster on drugs. he is so desperately funny. hey anika, did you actually ever see him play with band? I would so love to… hm. we are trying to see if we can get him to play here, but I think with band it’s never going to happen. I would really like to see how it changes the mood of the show! Also I can’t believe that he didn’t play Harvest last time just because I told him months before that I knew a great band who’d covered that song so perfectly.. sometimes it’s good to just keep your mouth shut :) I love the leaving song, I think putting it at the beginning of El Radio is genius. oh, I am so in love with him.

• anikainlondon June 25, 2009 at 10:51 pm #

The first time it was just him and Anna on cello, the second time it was those two and another cellist, third time solo. Love him. Want more.

• alicetragedy June 27, 2009 at 9:31 am #

completely agreed. I love El Radio so much. I love him so much. can’t wait to see him again! :) I really want to see him with more instruments, though. especially if Saul plays too.