Photos: Monotonix at The Garage

Oh dear, oh dear. I veer outside my musical comfort zone and look where I ended up:

I have more photos which I will sort and post sometime soon. I’m out so much, it’s unbelievable. And I’m so exhausted from 2 months of being out almost every day that going to bed at 2 am is becoming unwise, because it makes waking up at 7.30 a real mean feat.

6 Responses to Photos: Monotonix at The Garage

1. gerlin August 25, 2009 at 1:00 pm #

Oh my god, what on earth is that?? So dirty & sweaty. Kind of makes me go ‘ewwww’ but maybe it isn’t as bad as it looks…

• anikainlondon August 25, 2009 at 1:03 pm #

Hahah, I love your reaction. I will review the show soon. It was crazy. I’m pleased to be returning to some folky goodness tonight!

2. katherine August 25, 2009 at 5:52 pm #

oh noes!! Thats such a far cry from Alessi’s Ark. Did you get out in all one piece?

• anikainlondon August 26, 2009 at 11:21 pm #

I did! I avoided the carnage. Despite it not really being my thing, it was still a fun (and funny) show. It is indeed pretty much the polar opposite of an Alessi show…

3. Carlo August 26, 2009 at 10:30 am #

It was so much fun! They sure make it difficult not to get involved. I went to the bar near the stage to order 3 drinks for me and my friends.. I initially thought ‘wow, there is no one queuing at the bar and I am getting served immediately. The guy brought the drinks and at this moment the lead singer dragged a bass drum over to the bar and proceeded to climb onto the bar. I quickly gave one drink to my friend but my other friend was too far away and so I attempted to somewhat salvage what I could.. For a second we fought over a full cup and then I decided to throw some on him before letting him get the cup. Better him than me! He was already sweaty and covered in stuff anyway. In the end I think pretty much half of my purchases were spilled. A great night! More photos!!!! More photos!!!!! :)

• anikainlondon August 26, 2009 at 11:22 pm #

More photos at the weekend! :) It was an insane show. I will probably do a write up tomorrow or Friday.